Grace and peace to you in the precious and all-powerful Name of our Lord Jesus Christ.
I just returned last Wednesday from Egypt where we had great meetings! Numerous names have been written in the Book of Life! The main reason I went was to speak to leaders from various churches and ministries to encourage them, to warn them about heresy and to teach about how to detect a heresy. Let us pray that the Church all over the world remains true to Gospel and correctly interprets the Word of God.
As we are all hearing in the news, COVID-19 (Coronavirus), has disrupted our world. This pandemic has caused panic and fear among many people. Even our local grocery stores are having shortages of many items. Flights, schools, and public events are being cancelled.
I was fortunate and blessed to arrive back home when I did and that the scheduled meetings in Egypt went on as planned. The day after our meetings finished, the government closed that venue and put a halt to other gatherings as well. I have had to cancel and put on hold my plans for travelling next week and this Spring, for events and production in Israel, Jordan and Egypt, as gatherings and flights have been cancelled. Everything is for the glory of God and we trust in Him.
In the midst of this situation, let us remembers a few things:
1. God is the Sovereign Lord and He is in total control. The last word is for Him.
2. The Church of Jesus Christ needs to stand in the gap - to fast and to pray. "Then the Lord appeared to Solomon by night, and said to him, 'I have heard your prayer....when I shut up heaven and there is no rain, or command the locusts to devour the land, or send pestilence among My people, if My people who are called my My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land'."
(2 Chronicles 7:12-14).
3. God will turn things for good for His people.
4. This calamity will not last.
5. We have been given the opportunity to preach the message of hope and healing - to show our Christian values; to help others and be positive.
- For the presence, the knowledge, and the glory of God to fill our lands
- For faith, protection and healing. "You shall not be afraid of the terror by night, nor of the arrow that flies by day, nor the pestilence that walks in darkness, nor the destruction that lays waste at noonday." (Psalm 91:5,6)
- For the communities around the world in quarantine. Close to my heart are the people of Bethlehem, many of whom are my friends who have been infected with the virus.
- For repentance, both personally and corporately
- For the mercy of God
- For the people of God to stand in the gap and pray for their countries.
When the plague had come upon the children of Israel, as recorded in the last few verses of Numbers chapter 16, Moses and Aaron humbled themselves and took action in prayer, supplication and sacrifice. "And he stood between the dead and the living; so the plague was stopped." (Numbers 16:48)
May people in every land turn to the Lord and may He show mercy. We need to come against this virus that seeks to destroy many lives. Especially pray for protection for the elderly and those who are already ill with compromised immunity.
I pray we will all be vigilant and not be negligent but have good common sense and heed the warnings and take precautions. May we be mindful in ways to help those suffering.
Let us not lose hope!
Lord heal our land!
Humbled before the Lord,