Who We Are!
Light For All Nations is an evangelistic television ministry that focuses its outreach to Arabic-speaking people. It is a registered charity in Canada and the United States . It is an independent corporation that often works in cooperation with other Christian ministries.Light For All Nations recognizes the importance of a local body of believers and, as a result, has helped to birth several new churches. It also serves to link viewers to believers and is an “arm” of the local church.
Light For All Nations was founded in 1984, making it the first and longest-running Arabic language Christian television program. God gave the vision for the ministry to Nizar Shaheen from Cana of Galilee in the Holy Land . The ministry began production in Toronto and was aired on a local station. Three years later, Light For All Nations began on a channel that reached six countries in the Middle East . In 1988, the ministry spread to cover all of Canada and some parts of the United States on the Vision TV Network. The Middle Eastern coverage increased greatly in 1996 when the ministry began on a satellite station. Light For All Nations is currently on four satellites, broadcasting four times daily, with a potential viewing audience of over 400 million people - covering all of North Africa, the Middle East, the Gulf countries, and much of Europe. Light For All Nations is also aired on some local and national stations, such as in Sudan, Lebanon, and Tanzania .
What We Do
The ministry of Light For All Nations boldly proclaims the wonderful Good News of Jesus Christ and powerfully declares the Word of God. We invite people to accept Jesus as their Lord and Saviour, offer Bibles and discipleship/Christian learning materials. Since we strongly believe in the power of prayer, we provide a toll-free number for our viewers to call in with their prayer requests, accept Jesus into their hearts, or receive spiritual encouragement. The response has been great, and thousands of people have come to know the Lord. We often make referrals to local pastors, for we desire to see every new believer grounded and growing in their faith.
Light For All Nations is a vital and relevant outreach that presents the Gospel using the media of television in a professional, high quality, and attractive manner. Production takes place in Canada and the Holy Land . The host and producer, Nizar Shaheen, is an expert communicator and Bible teacher who is culturally sensitive and understands the Middle Eastern mentality, thus, with the empowering of the Holy Spirit, he is effective in reaching his people for the Lord. The topics, teaching, interviews, and music are geared to the general Middle Eastern populace, many of whom have misconceptions about Jesus Christ and the Bible. The truth is presented in a non-threatening, loving way that has been well-received and proven effective.
Light For All Nations operates through the regular giving of missions-minded people who are an integral part of the ministry. Our supporters share in the great harvest of souls and they make up an important prayer support team.
About Nizar Shaheen
Nizar Shaheen is the Founder and President of Light For All Nations Ministries which produces Arabic language Christian television programming seen all over the world via satellite and the internet. The flagship program is Light For All Nations which began in 1984, making it the longest running Arabic Christian television program. By 1996 Light For All Nations was seen via satellite throughout the entire Middle East, North Africa and in much of Europe. Now the program can also be seen throughout North America, Mexico and Australia.
When Nizar was in his early twenties he came to know the Lord Jesus as his personal Saviour through the witness of a missionary. He quickly grew in faith and in the knowledge of the Lord, as he seriously studied the Bible. Nizar graduated from Bible College, became an ordained minister and continued to preach and teach, as he does today.
Nizar has been a frequent Bible teacher on Canada’s 100 Huntley Street program and has written a commentary on the Old Testament called Day Unto Day and a two volume book entitled The Unique Christ. Nizar’s ministry, in both English and Arabic is well-received and has resulted in many people coming to know the Lord Jesus as their Saviour
Our Vision & Missions
Our vision is to reach the Arabic-speaking world, both children and adults, with the message of the Good News of Jesus Christ and to provide them with the opportunity to accept His gift of salvation.
Our mission is to fulfill Jesus' mandate, the Great Commission, to evangelize the whole world before the end comes (Matthew 24:14).
Our passion is to reach the unreached people of this world with the wonderful Gospel message.
Our promise is to walk in the ways of the Lord with integrity and faithfulness, to glorify God and honour Him in all things, and to model Christ's ministry of teaching, preaching, bringing healing, and doing good to all.
Our method is to use the media to proclaim the Gospel message. Many countries are closed to missionaries, but through satellite stations, we can reach people in the privacy of their homes. The highest percentage of home satellite systems per capita in the world is in the regions where Light For All Nations is broadcasting daily.
Programs From The Holy Land
Programs On Christian Theology
Programs For The Family & Children
- We believe that God has revealed Himself as a Trinity in unity, in the Persons of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, being eternally existent.
- We believe that our Lord Jesus Christ was fully God and fully man, and we believe in His virgin birth, His sinless life, His miracles, His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood for all who put their trust in Him. We believe in His bodily resurrection, His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and His personal return in power and glory.
- We believe in the divine inspiration and entire trustworthiness of the Bible as originally given, and its supreme authority in all matters.
- We believe that for the salvation of lost and sinful humanity, regeneration by the Holy Spirit is essential.
- We believe in the ministry of the Holy Spirit by Whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life, and by Whose power the Christian is enabled to witness.
- We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; they that are saved unto the resurrection of life and they that are lost unto the resurrection of damnation.
- We believe in the spiritual unity of all believers in our Lord Jesus Christ, the one Church, which is the body of Christ – the Body of Christ, consisting only of those born again, for whom He now makes intercession in heaven and for whom He shall come again. We believe the Church's mission is to witness concerning its Head, Jesus Christ, preaching the Gospel to all people.
Why We Preach?
- We must preach because our Lord Jesus commanded us to do so, and we must obey His voice. “Go into all the world and preach the gospel to every creature” (Mark 16:15).
- We must preach because “how shall they hear without a preacher?” (Romans 10:14b). This is the only way to reach people, for “faith comes by hearing and hearing by the word of God” (Romans 10:17).
- We must preach because it is the only good news (1 Corinthians 15:1-14; Luke 4:18.)
- News of life out of death (John 5:24)
- News of light out of darkness (Acts 26:16-18; Colossians 1:13)
- Hope out of despair (Colossians 1:27-28)
- Satisfaction out of need (2 Corinthians 8:9; Philippians 4:19)
- Healing from disease (1 Peter 2:24; Matthew 8:16-17; Mark 16:16-18)
- Freedom from slavery and oppression (John 8:35-36)
- Redemption because of the Cross (1 Corinthians 1:23-24; 2:4-5; 1 Peter 1:18-20)
- We must preach because “the Lord is .. . not willing that any should perish but that all should come to repentance” (2 Peter 3:9). Hell is for Satan and his demons, not intended for humankind.
- We must preach because only the Bible offers the answers to the world, and only through the message of the Bible do we find love, joy, peace, hope, security, and salvation (Luke 19:10; John 10:10; Acts 4:12; Romans 5:1).
- We must preach because Jesus died for all the precious souls. He demonstrated His love and gave up His life for them (Romans 5:8; John 3:16-17).
- we must preach because the love of Jesus within us for the lost compels us to preach (2 Corinthians 5:14-15).
- We must preach because the judgment and wrath of God will come upon unbelievers (Romans 1:16, 18; 2:4-6, 11; John 3:18-21; Hebrews 10:31).
- We must preach at all times and take advantage of the time now, because the time is coming when it will be more difficult (2 Timothy 4:2-5; John 9:4).
- We must preach because Jesus is coming back soon and thereafter it will be too late (Matthew 24:14).